re you seeing this sh*t, human?” (via convicttv)
These chews are called rawhide chews, and please please PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NEVER GET YOUR DOGS THESE!! They’re so FUCKING bad and even dangerous for them! Here are reasons why:
1) They use all sorts of chemicals (like formaldehyde, arsenic, and bleach) to preserve them and make them look white and nice for your dog.
2) Not only do they use glue to keep the shape of the bone the way it is, but the thing basically IS glue. It’s so preserved, that when a dog eats it, it keeps it’s goopiness and can harden in the dog’s stomach, causing blockages. I’ve heard dozens of stories of dogs having to go to the ER to get these surgically removed from their intestines.
3) When they’re not chewed properly, the edges can be sharp and cause tearing in your dog’s stomach lining.
4) THESE THINGS HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO KILL DOGS, CAUSE SEIZURES, ALL SORTS OF OTHER HORRIBLE THINGS, AND THAT SHOULD BE ENOUGH.
There are natural alternatives, like tendons, bones
, antlers, bully sticks/pizzle sticks, or vege chews. They ARE more expensive, but they are worth the money.